2017 Income Taxes: Home
Downloadable IRS 2017 tax forms
- Form 1040
- Instructions -- Form 1040
- Form 1040 -- Schedule A
- Form 1040 -- Schedule A Instructions
- Form 1040/1040A -- Schedule B
- Form 1040 -- Schedule C
- Form 1040 -- Schedule C Instructions
- Form 1040 -- Schedule D
- Form 1040 -- Schedule D Instructions
- Form 1040 -- Schedule E
- Form 1040 -- Schedule E Instructions
- Form 1040A
- Instructions -- Form 1040A
- Form 1040EZ
- Instructions -- Form 1040EZ
- Schedule SE
- Instructions -- Schedule SE
- Form 4868 Automatic Extension of Time to File
REQUEST FEDERAL TAX FORMS 2017 tax year
To order federal 2017 tax products delivered by mail from the IRS go to:
Forms and Publications by U.S. Mail
If you type in one of the form numbers you need (Eg. 1040) in the Search box and hit Enter, a list of forms and instructions you may order will appear. Click the boxes next to the ones that you want and then click on the Add to Cart button. Continue until you have added all of the forms and instructions that you need. (If you are brought to your Shopping Cart before you are finished, just click on the Resume button to return to the list.) If you need a form NOT on the list, use the Search box at the top to find it.
NEW YORK STATE FILING
NYS E-file requirement for individual taxpayers
You're required to electronically file your return if you meet all three of the following conditions:
- you use software to prepare your own personal income tax return;
- your software supports the electronic filing of your return; and
- you have broadband Internet access.
You are not required to electronically file if you:
- download forms from our website,
- pick up forms at your local library, or
- order forms from us by phone.
How to e-file
- If your income was $66,000 or less in 2017, you qualify to use Free File to prepare and e-file your resident, nonresident, or part-year resident income tax return at no cost using brand-name software accessed directly through our website. (See Free File your income tax return.)
- You may purchase e-file approved commercial software (approved by the Tax Department).
- You may use a paid tax preparer.