Kindles at New City Library: About
About our eReaders
The New City Library is now lending two types of Kindle eReaders to New City and West Nyack Library patrons. Adult eReaders are loaded with bestselling fiction and nonfiction titles. Summer Reading eReaders contain a generous selection of titles for grades 7-12 selected by Mrs. Phillips, our Young Adult Librarian.
At checkout you will be asked to fill out a lending agreement with the following stipulations:
- Kindles may not be inter-library loaned; they must be picked up at New City Library. The Kindle must be returned inside the library to the circulation desk; it cannot be returned in the bookdrop or to another library.
- Kindles may not be reserved.
- A valid New City or West Nyack Library card is required.
- Borrower must be 18 years or older.
- Only one Kindle at a time may be checked out to a borrower.
- The checkout period is 14 days with no renewals.
- Borrower will not tamper with the device's hardware, software, or settings.
- The eReaders are not to be used for any purpose other than reading the pre-loaded titles.
- The overdue fine is $1/day.
- The borrower is responsible for costs associated with damage to or loss of the eReader due to neglect or abuse. The replacement cost is $100.
- The maximum fine is $10.
- Nonpayment of fines and fees will result in loss of borrowing privileges at all RCLS libraries until charges are resolved.
Please be sure to click on the tabs above for the title listings. Content will be continually updated.