Ghost World Discussion Guide: Home
(Taken in part from class.azltron.com)
- Most stories have some kind of hero. Is anyone in this story deserving of that title? Is any character even particularly moral?
- Given that there is no textual basis for the statement, why does Enid tell Rebecca that Josh prefers Rebecca to Enid
- Why does Enid visit Cavetown, USA and what does she discover when she gets there? Does this tell us anything about life in general? If so, what?
- In what ways are Enid and Rebecca different from John Ellis?
- What is the significance of the the title of this book?
- Both Rebecca and Enid seem to pride themselves on being different from normal, American society. Are they different from most Americans? Why or why not?
- What is the significance of Bob Skeetes astrological reading of Enid?
- What do you think of the way Daniel Clowes draws his characters? How would you describe his world?