About our eReaders
The New City Library is now lending three types of eReaders to New City and West Nyack Library patrons. Adult eReaders are loaded with bestselling fiction and nonfiction titles and literary classics. Summer Reading eReaders contain a generous selection of titles for grades 7-12 selected by the Clarkstown Central School District staff. Children's eReaders have titles for kids twelve and under. All eReaders may be reserved through our online catalog or at the reference desk at 634-4997 x125 or x126.
At checkout you will be asked to fill out a lending agreement with the following stipulations:
- The ereader must be returned inside the library to the circulation desk; it cannot be returned in the bookdrop or to another library.
- eReaders may be reserved.
- A valid New City or West Nyack Library card is required.
- Borrower must be 18 years or older.
- Only one eReader at a time may be checked out to a borrower.
- The checkout period is 14 days with two renewals.
- Borrower will not tamper with the device's hardware, software, or settings.
- The eReaders are not to be used for any purpose other than reading the pre-loaded titles.
- The overdue fine is $1/day.
- The borrower is responsible for costs associated with damage to or loss of the eReader due to neglect or abuse. The replacement cost is $100.
- The maximum fine is $10.
- Nonpayment of fines and fees will result in loss of borrowing privileges at all RCLS libraries until charges are resolved.
Please be sure to click on the tabs above for the title listings. Content will be continually updated. Be sure to hit the "refresh" button when you are anywhere there is open internet connectivity to see any new additions.
We'd like your help in content selection for the Adult eReaders - won't you please take a quick survey? Just click on the "Survey" tab above. Thank you very much!