College Resources: Scholarships & Financial Aid
Applying for Student Financial Aid
- Before you apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), visit fsaid.ed.gov to get your Federal Student Aid (FSA) identification number.
- For help in completing the FAFSA, go to hesc.ny.gov and click Pay/Apply for Aid--Start Here. Follow the link to complete the FAFSA application online.
- Use the IRS Retrieval Tool to directly connect to the IRS for your tax data. If you have not yet completed your taxes, you can estimate and make updates later.
- If you completed a FAFSA in the previous year, you will receive a notice to go to your renewal FAFSA.
- Apply for financial aid every year. Financial aid programs change and your situation may change. Any change may effect your eligibility.
- To see an estimate of your federal aid eligibility, go to fafsa.ed.gov and click on Thinking About College.