Library Home page | Library Catalog
Skip to main content

Health and Wellness @ HKDPL: Emergency Numbers & Resources

Emergency Numbers

Police, Fire and Ambulance  911

Rockland County Resident Information Service, in case of Emergency  845-364-8990

Bilingual Hotline  1-800-942-6908

Gas Leaks (Orange & Rockland) 1-800-533-5325

New York State Police  1-800-342-4357

NYS Terrorism Tips Hotline  1-866-723-3697

Poison Control Center   1-800-222-1222 or Poison (Control Center) 845-353-1000

Rabies Information  845-364-2585 or 845-364-2000

Rape/Sexual Violence Hotline  1-800-656-4673

Suicide and Crisis Hotline  845-354-6500

Child Abuse  1-800-342-3720

Crisis/Emergency Service, Pomona  364-2000 Ask for “CRISIS”

Mental Health Crisis Hotline (24×7)  364-2200

Domestic Violence (Dept Of Social Services)  845 364-3512 

Rockland Family Shelter  845 634-3344

Rockland County Special Needs Registry

Rockland County has developed a Special Needs Registry for residents with limited mobility or special needs, which might impact a timely response during an emergency.

If you believe you, or someone you care for, is unable to independently act upon emergency protective orders, please register.

Why should you register?  

  • To receive individual notification when an evacuation has been ordered
  • To alert local emergency personnel of your individual considerations
  • To allow emergency responders an opportunity to plan and be prepared

County of Rockland - What to do in a severe weather emergency

What to do when severe weather happens?

What is an emergency?

An emergency is a situation that poses an immediate risk to health, life, property or environment. If an emergency happens and you need help, call 911 immediately.

Emergency Rooms & Urgent Care

Emergency Services in Haverstraw

Subject Guide

First Aid Guides

Indian Point

Need Help?

Need more help? Comments or suggestions?

If you would like further assistance finding resources, or have comments or suggestions regarding this site, please contact us.