A Teen's Guide to Employment: Volunteering
Volunteering @ the Library
Volunteer work is a great addition to your resume. Maybe you'd like to volunteer here at the library? Give us a call or stop in and fill out an application. Volunteer hours are Tuesdays through Fridays and some Saturdays.
Some things you might do while volunteering at the library:
- Join Teen Advisory Board and help plan our teen programs at the Library
- Become a Teen Tech Tutor and help adults learn how to use smartphones and tablets
- Check out Reference Recruits to help our patrons search for books and find them in the library
- Write book reviews in our Book Hipsters club
- Help out with the Warwick Children's Book Festival
- And more!
Interested? Call the Help Desk at (845) 986-1047 ext. 3 and ask for Dianne.
VolunteerMatch.org is an national database of volunteer opportunities with non-profits from all over. Type in our zip code, 10990, and you'll see a list of opportunities within a 20 mile radius. Use the search tools on the left to limit your results to teen-friendly postings.